Healthcare Assistant (Covid Vaccination Programme) - Bank
About the job
This role forms an integral part of mass vaccination delivery within South West London. The programme will deliver Covid Vaccinations to the south west London population via a number of vaccination hubs.
• Support with the configuration of the vaccination station, ensuring the availability of initial consumables, waste receptacles, trolleys and vaccines.
• Ensure all paperwork has been provided pre-vaccination by the citizen, check identity and confirm vaccine details (type, date, time, dose) and sign any required documentation.
• Prepare citizen for the vaccination (e.g. have their arm ready).
• Support the vaccinator in the delivery of the vaccination.
• Direct citizen to the post vaccination waiting area within the Pod.
• Record vaccine stock when removed or returned to fridge and to report low stock levels for vaccines, stationery and clinical equipment.
• Report low vaccine stock to maintain appropriate levels, checking expiry dates and recording wastage.
• Be familiar with Patient Group Directives (PGD’s) for the vaccination.
• Support vaccinator with the disposal of any clinical and non-clinical waste and change of PPE.
• Ensure waste control and sanitisation of the vaccination area.
• Record vaccination event and mark completion; if for any reason the vaccination hasn’t been completed, record that information along with the reason.
• Be responsible for storage, transportation and delivery of vaccines and equipment (e.g. collect and return vaccines to storage areas, ensure disposal of used clinical equipment).
• Maintain accurate records and ensure strict data and patient record confidentiality.
• Experience of working in a community setting and/or working with patients.
• Able to demonstrate team working.
• Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the national immunisation programme.
Qualifications and knowledge:
• Good levels of literacy and numeracy. GCSE English and Maths desirable.
• Evidence of good IT skills.
• Able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent record keeping and organisational skills.
• Ability to deal with stressful situations.