Vaccine Admin Support - Voluntary
About the job
• Provide administrative support to the vaccination site’s staff.
• Maintain, request and transfer confidential patient records, ensuring they are stored in an accurate and secure filing system. Adhere to confidentiality as per the site’s policy.
• Access and maintain accurate electronic records within policy requirements.
• Coordinate and maintain communication with team members about routine and daily activities including rota’s, contacting clinical staff, updating systems and other duties.
• Access email and the Internet in order to support the work. Ensure outgoing mail is labelled and stamped correctly and posted accordingly.
• Deal with telephone and face-to-face enquiries and maintain a robust message system.
• Provide non-clinical advice, information to patients/clients and relatives when necessary.
• Process the return of consent forms from the patients.
• Assist with data collection activities by ensuring records are up to date. Maintain accurate, clear and legible documentation in all legal records in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
• Check that all equipment is safe and available for use and support with the configuration of the vaccination station.
• Assist in ordering, receiving, storing and transporting vaccines in accordance with Management Medicines Policy.
• Responsible for infection and waste control, cleaning and sanitisation of the Pod area.
• Work within organisation policies, procedures and guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience:
Good standard of general education (GCSEs/NVQ/BTEC).
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
Experience of working in an administrative environment.
Experience with dealing with a variety of people and as part of a team.
Communication and relationship skills:
High standard of communication and interpersonal skills requiring tact and sensitivity and recognising barriers to understanding with clients and professionals.
Analytical and judgement skills:
Utilises theoretical knowledge gained through education or training.
Planning and organisational skills:
Under supervision of team able to prioritise workload and be flexible in response to urgent needs.
Standard keyboard skills.
Preparing environment for clinics, presentations and vaccinations sessions.
Prepare Rota’s for Staff members.
Manual handling of patient records and equipment (i.e. portable fridge) throughout the day on a frequent basis.
Preparing environment for clinics/groups/presentations.